Late Jerzy Kiedrowski was an advocate of the Luziny library, culture and native Kashubian tradition. It will remain forever in the memory of library and culture employees.
As the director of the Culture Department of the Voivodship Office in Gdańsk, he helped raise funds for the reconstruction of the Evangelical church into the seat of the municipal library. Forty years ago, he motivated the then director of the Municipal Cultural Center to establish a branch of the Kashubian-Pomeranian Association. He persuaded to continue the tradition of the regional theater and to establish it - in 1982. - to life. In 1992, he sponsored the naming of the library after Leon Roppel during the Second Kashubian Congress. As the director of the Department of Citizens' Affairs and Foreigners, he donated funds for the renovation of the tombs of the Stuttgart people at the parish cemetery in Luzino.
The last time he was in Luzino on 1 October 2016. as a participant in the unveiling of the monument to prof. Gerard Labuda.
We are sad to say goodbye to this outstanding one
The Activist and the Man. Honor his memory.
Lord, give him Eternal Rest.
Jerzy Kiedrowski, historian and librarian, passed away in the years 1972-1975
director of the Provincial and Municipal Public Library in Gdańsk.
Born in 1934, he was the son of Władysław Kiedrowski from Gdynia
a judge, murdered by the Germans in the fall of 1939 in Lasy
Piaśnicki. While working in Pomeranian cultural institutions and departments
the culture of executive offices and director functions like no other
he was able to combine them with his passion - social activity
for the benefit of the Pomeranian region.
Iwona Joć-Adamkowicz- Provincial Library in Gdańsk